KING’S SOMBORNE PARISH COUNCIL
Minutes of a Meeting of the Planning Committee
held in the Epworth Hall at 6.30pm on Monday 7 August 2017
Present: Cllr Harwood (Chairman), Cllrs Curtis, Lane and Sutton
In attendance: Mr P J Storey (Clerk to King’s Somborne Parish Council)
Public Session: No members of the public were present
83. Minutes of the Meetings held on 3 July 2017
83.1 The minutes of the meeting held on 3 July 2017 had been circulated with the agenda.
83.2 Proposed Cllr Lane, Seconded Cllr Sutton, RESOLVED with Cllr Curtis abstaining (absent) that the minutes of the meeting held on 3 July 2017 be accepted as a true record.
84. Matters Arising
84.1 There were no matters arising.
85. Declarations of Interests and Requests for Dispensations
85.1 Cllr Harwood declared an interest in 3 and 4 Marsh Court Farm and took no part in the discussion.
86. Consideration of Planning Applications
17/01635/TREES – Henley House, Winchester Road – fell one Plum tree and one Pine/Fir tree – support
17/01643/TREES – The Herra, Furzedown Road – lift canopy to 5m on two Beech, cut back limbs and crown clean – support
17/01732/FULLS – Vine Cottage, Muss Lane – demolish existing rear flat roof extension and erect new; replace 2 first floor windows and ground floor door -support
17/01815/FULLS – 3 Marsh Court Farm, Romsey Road – first floor extension to south side elevation – support
17/01814/FULLS – 4 Marsh Court Farm, Romsey Road – first floor extension to provide additional bedroom replacing single storey lean-to roof – support
17/01674/FULLS – Village Hall, Romsey Road – side extension to provide multi-purpose activities area – withdrawn
17/01803/LBWS – Brook Farm House, Romsey Road – boundary wall/gate piers and retaining wall work – support
17/01870/TREES – Fir Tree Cottage, Winchester Road – reduce height of Prunus and Hawthorne – support
17/01981/TREES – The Old Vicarage, Old Vicarage Lane – Horse Chestnut – reduce height by 8m – support
87. Report on Recent Planning Applications
• 17/01068/TPOS – Winton Cottage, Romsey Road – remove Wellingtonia. Given the existence of two differing reports on the state of the tree, the views expressed by the members of the public present and the fact that experts from TVBC were visiting the site the following day, councillors decided not to make any recommendations at this time. Subsequently refused as the tree was considered a landmark feature and expert opinion contradictory on root damage
• 17/01162/FULLS – Barn North of 8 Compton Cottages, Compton Manor Estate – demolish existing barn and erect 3 bed dwelling – support. Permitted
• 17/01344/LBWS – Haywain House, 6 Parsonage Barns, Church Road – replace ground floor doors and windows – support. Permitted
• 17/01472/FULLS – Village Hall, Romsey Road – side extension to form a pre-school area – support. Closed as invalid
• 17/01070/TPOS – 2 Kings Acre – reduce height and remove dead wood from Silver Birch and remove two Hazel and replant new species – support. Permitted
88. Clerk’s Report
88.1 Nothing to report.
89. Date, time and place of next meeting – Monday 21 August 2017 at 7.00pm in the Epworth Hall, Winchester Road, King’s Somborne
There being no further business, the Chairman closed the meeting at 6.50pm