KING’S SOMBORNE PARISH COUNCIL
Minutes of a Meeting of the Planning Committee
held in the Epworth Hall at 6.30pm on Monday 5 March 2018
Present: Cllr Harwood (Chairman), Cllrs Curtis, Townsend and Webb
In attendance: Mr P J Storey (Clerk to King’s Somborne Parish Council)
Public Session: No members of the public were present
26.1 Cllr Lane.
27. Minutes of the Meetings held on 5 February 2018
27.1 The minutes of the meeting held on 5 February 2018 had been circulated with the agenda.
27.2 Proposed Cllr Curtis, Seconded Cllr Harwood, RESOLVED with Cllr Townsend abstaining (not present) that the minutes of the meeting held on 5 February 2018 be accepted as a true record.
28. Matters Arising
28.1 There were no matters arising.
29. Declarations of Interests and Requests for Dispensations
30. Consideration of Planning Applications
• 18/00485/VARS – The Old Barns, Brook Farm, Romsey Road – removal of condition 3 to allow holiday let to be used as a dwelling – support with Cllr Curtis abstaining
• 18/00547/TREES – 5 Kings Acre – T1 Acacia and T2 Cherry x 3 – fell – support
31. Applications determined out of committee meeting
• 31.1 18/00381/TREES – Goosehill, Stockbridge Road – fell T1 Crab Apple, T3 Conifer, T4 Prunus, T5 Conifer and T2 Birch crown reduce by 25%
• 18/00402/TREES – Winterborne, Muss Lane – T1 Willow reduce and thin by 20%
32. Report on Recent Planning Applications
• 7/03041/FULLS – land adjacent to 5 Riverside Green – erect 3 bed house – councillors although supporting the house design expressed concern, with one voting against the proposal on the grounds of site overdevelopment, at the lack of clear house dimensions on the plans, the loss of access to other’s garages to the rear, the restricted carport size and the impact of a covenant believed to exist from when the land was sold restricting future development. Withdrawn.
• 17/03187/VARS – Marsh Court – vary previously approved plans to stable conversion – support. Permitted.
• 18/00236/TREES – Hawthorns, Winchester Road – fell Conifer hedge, fell Conifer, fell Holly, Lilac – remove lowest north western stem – support. Permitted.
33. Clerk’s Report
33.1 Nothing to report.
34. Date, time and place of next meeting – Monday 19 March 2018 at 7.00pm in the Epworth Hall, Winchester Road, King’s Somborne
There being no further business, the Chairman closed the meeting at 6.45pm