Parish Council minutes April 2013

Parish Council

Parish Council minutes April 2013

 KING’S SOMBORNE PARISH COUNCIL 

Minutes of the Parish Council Meeting

held in the Epworth Hall commencing at 7.00pm on Monday 22 April 2013 

Present:          Cllr J Werrett (Chairman)                        Cllr A Brock                        Cllr J Evans                         Cllr F Fahy                        Cllr D Harrison                        Cllr R HarwoodCllr R Lane 

In Attendance:    Mr P J Storey (Clerk to King’s Somborne Parish Council) 

Public Session Two Open Space s Wardens were present for part of the meeting. On behalf of Borough Councillor Ward, the Clerk commended Cllr Ward’s Community Right to Bid submission which had identified thirteen assets in the community which we wished to have acknowledged under this initiative.  All present thanked Cllr Ward in his absence for his efforts in producing the Bid.

  1. Apologies for absence. 

43.1      Cllrs Curtis and Herbert; C/Cllr Gibson and B/Cllr Ward. 

  1. Chairman’s announcements and Councillors’ questions

44.1      The Chairman thanked everyone for their efforts in staging another successful Annual Assembly.  He then took the opportunity to review the action points that had arisen.  These included – to tidy up the Tanners Pond area (Clerk to arrange); to consider the need for low level lighting in general and in particular around the Church footpath; to consider the installation of PIR lights on the slip road to the Village Hall (Clerk to follow up with Village Hall); the need to keep the Church Road pavement clear of leaves especially in the Fall (Clerk to arrange with TVBC  and the Lengthsman as appropriate); and to progress the wet weather path from Lancaster Green to the Village Hall via the School (HCC was initiating a public consultation next month on this proposal). 

  1. To approve the Minutes of the Parish Council meeting held on 4 March 2013

45.1      Proposed Cllr Lane, Seconded Cllr Harwood, RESOLVED unanimously that the minutes of the meeting held on 4 March 2013 be accepted as a true record. 

  1. To consider any Matters Arising from those Minutes

46.1      Para 32.2        Speed indicator device.   Cllr Fahy and the Clerk would visit Fleet Town Council to assess their equipment and report back.

Action: Cllr Fahy 

  1. Declarations of Interest and Dispensations

47.1      None declared or requested.  

  1. To consider Correspondence Received and determine any action required

48.1      None tabled.  

  1. To note the Planning Committee minutes as tabled 

49.1      Minutes of the meeting held on 4 March 2013 had been circulated with the agenda. 

49.2      Proposed Cllr Lane, Seconded Cllr Harwood, RESOLVED unanimously that the minutes of the Planning Committee meeting held on 4 March 2013 be noted. 

  1. To receive Councillors’ Reports

50.1      Cllr Harrison reported that the noise levels from events held at Horsebridge Station varied but had been much reduced by the Charrington family purchasing quieter equipment.  She also requested any information appropriate to her as the Floodwatch representative. 

50.2      Cllr Evans commented on the very well constructed training event at HALC for new councillors and queried whether a training pack for new councillors would be useful.  It was also suggested that mentoring could be introduced and these ideas would be discussed at the next meeting.  She had also attended the HALC Annual Conference at which the benefits of social media had been debated.  It was agreed that the CWG would continue to examine these as a means of communication and engagement.

Action: CWG 

50.3      Cllr Fahy reported he had forwarded eleven photos of road potholes in the Parish, two of which had generated an immediate response from HCC and a third had been classified as dangerous.

 50.4      Cllr Harwood confirmed the need for the King’s Somborne recreation ground to be spiked with solid tynes and sprayed with weed killer.

 Action: Clerk 

  1. To receive the RFO’s Report and Budget Monitoring

51.1      The Clerk reported a suggestion by the Methodist Church that a more realistic contribution should be made for use of the Epworth Hall for meetings.  It was agreed a review of alternative venues and charges should be undertaken.  A budget monitoring report showing income and expenditure to date had been circulated with the agenda and was noted.

Action: Clerk

  1. Payment of Accounts 

52.1      Proposed Cllr Brock, Seconded Cllr Fahy, RESOLVED unanimously that the following accounts for March 2013 be approved for payment: 

To                                For                               Net            VAT          Gross      Chq/Internet

Mr P Storey                 Salary/expenses         737.43                            737.43           BACs

BPC                             Shared costs               44.00                             44.00            BACs

HMRC                         Tax/NIC                   201.29                           201.29           BACs

HALC                          Training                     180.00          36.00        216.00           BACs

TVBC                          Grounds maint           782.07        156.41        938.48            BACs

J Bruno                        Cemetery maint            45.00            9.00         54.00            BACs

TVBC                          Dog bin emptying     803.40        160.68           964.08          BACs

Mr P Reynolds Audit fee                              145.00                           145.00             BACs

Sarsen Press                 Newsletter                 65.00                             65.00             BACs

LCR mag                     Subscription                16.00                             16.00            BACs

HCC                            Lighting part                25.22           5.04          30.26             BACs

Cllr Werrett                  Chair’s expenses         15.70                            15.70             BACs 

Totals                                                        3060.11        367.13      3427.24                                              

  1. To adopt the Financial Accounts and approve the Statement of Assurance for the year ended 31 March 2013

 53.1      Item deferred until next meeting.

  1. To re-appoint the Internal Auditor

 54.1      Proposed Cllr Lane, Seconded Cllr  Harwood, RESOLVED unanimously that Mr P Reynolds be re-appointed the internal auditor for the year 2013-14 but that the position be openly advertised after that date.

Action: Clerk 

  1. To determine the co-option procedure

55.1      Following the vacancy created by the resignation of Cllr Reynolds and receipt of confirmation from TVBC that no poll had been demanded, it was agreed to advertise for a co-opted member to be determined at the next meeting.  The Clerk would advertise the vacancy and invite those interested to submit a short resume and attend the next meeting to say a few words about themselves.

Action: Clerk 56.       To note draft Local Plan 

56.1      TVBC’s response to our earlier comments had been received and incorporated into our second response.  Cllr Herbert had obtained the sought after assurances from Southern Water that adequate water and sewage systems supplies could be provided and that no increase in the flooding risk was likely.

  1. Clerk’s monthly report 

57.1      The Clerk had walked the route of the proposed all-weather path to the School and Village Hall with an officer from HCC.  The merits of a rubber matting as opposed to a cinder path would be discussed at the forthcoming public consultation.  Installation was planned for the Autumn. 

  1. Date, time and place of next meeting

 58.1    The next meeting will the Annual General Meeting on Monday 13 May 2013 at 7.00pm in the Epworth Hall, Winchester Road, King’s Somborne. 

Action: All  

There being no further business, the Chairman closed the meeting at 8.45pm