Category Archives: Neighbourhood Development Plan Steering Group

KSNDPSG minutes 6 Dec 17

KING’S SOMBORNE PARISH COUNCIL

Minutes of a Meeting of the Neighbourhood Development Plan Steering Group
held in the Epworth Hall at 7.00pm on Wednesday 6 December 2017

Present: Cllr G Searle (Acting Chairman)
Mrs L Hodge
Cllr K Hughes
Mrs L Searle
Mr D StJohn

In attendance: Mr P J Storey (Clerk to King’s Somborne Parish Council)

Public Session: Mrs S Byram, Ms C Thomson and Mr R Dyke was present.

1. Chairman’s welcome and announcements

1.1 The Chairman welcomed everyone; there were no announcements.

2. Apologies

2.1 Cllrs A Brock, Lane and R Sutton.

3. Previous meeting notes

3.1 Minutes of the previous meeting held on 22 November 2017 were accepted as a true record.

4. Matters arising

4.1 Para 4.1/6.2 The South Downs appraisal had been received and its contents were being incorporated into the draft NDP.

5. Declarations of Interest

5.1 None declared.

6. Review of site assessments

6.1 Discussion ensued on each of the five sites thought to have potential for development as outlined in the South Downs appraisal, in particular, the need to include a note on the definition of ‘open spaces’ where appropriate, redefine the preferred numbers of dwellings to be built rather than adhere to the recommended 30 per hectare, and justify accordingly. Some of the required editing could not be completed until TVBC had issued their numbers but in the end it was agreed our views should prevail albeit with strong justification where necessary.

6.2 Each of the five sites identified would now be prioritised looking at their suitability, achievability and availability and it was agreed after some lengthy discussion this would be best done by grading them on a 1 to 4 scale, 4 being the highest score, against those aspects to be considered. Mrs Hodge would e-mail a suitable template containing the aspects for consideration and scoring asap to individual SG members who then should score and return to her in time for her to collate and issue the results before the next meeting (one week’s time).

7. Any other business.

7.1 None.

8. Date, time and place of next meeting

8.1 Wednesday 13 December 2017 at 7.00pm in the Epworth Hall.

There being no further business, the Chairman closed the meeting at 8.30pm

KSNDPSG minutes 22 Nov 17

KING’S SOMBORNE PARISH COUNCIL

Minutes of a Meeting of the Neighbourhood Development Plan Steering Group
held in the Epworth Hall at 7.00pm on Wednesday 22 November 2017

Present: Cllr G Searle (Acting Chairman)
Mr J Davies
Mrs L Hodge
Cllr K Hughes
Cllr R Lane

In attendance: Mr P J Storey (Clerk to King’s Somborne Parish Council)

Public Session: Mrs S Byram was present.

1. Chairman’s welcome and announcements

1.1 The Chairman welcomed everyone; there were no announcements.

2. Apologies

2.1 Cllrs A Brock and R Sutton, Mr D StJohn and Mrs L Searle.

3. Previous meeting notes

3.1 Minutes of the previous meeting held on 1 November 2017 were accepted as a true record.

4. Matters arising

4.1 Para 6.1 The South Downs appraisal was still awaited. Receipt was anticipated on 27 November 2017.

4.2 Para 6.2 Following the visit to TVBC by Cllr Brock and Mr Searle, it had been advised that the landowner/developer should be the primary person to address highways and access issues when putting together their proposals. Similarly, it was thought more appropriate for the landowner/developer to initiate any necessary ecological studies and not the Parish Council/NDPSG.

5. Declarations of Interest

5.1 None declared.

6. NDP drafting and Policies

6.1 Group leaders should continue to review their draft input into the NDP following the concept outlined in the separate documents now available on OneDrive; namely; Facilities and Infrastructure, Landscape and the Environment, and Housing, with each main heading further broken down into Context, Plan Objectives and Policies. TVBC had agreed this format. Regarding the amount of detail required, it had also been agreed with TVBC that the Context should give the salient facts, the Objectives should incorporate the reasoning why and the Policies should be clear and unambiguous. The Plan must be fully supported by clear evidence.

6.2 Mr Searle had updated the Facilities paper accordingly but the Landscape and Housing inputs still required some further editing along the lines suggested by Mr Searle and Group leaders noted this. All realised that further editing would be required once sight of the South Downs appraisal paper had been studied following which Housing and Landscape would have to re-assess the earmarked sites to determine their priority of selection or rejection and if the latter quote a sound reason for rejection. Ideally, this should be completed before the next meeting which, whilst being a tight timescale, should be possible.
Action: Group leaders

7. Any other business.

7.1 None.

8. Date, time and place of next meeting

8.1 Wednesday 29 November 2017 at 7.00pm in the Epworth Hall.

There being no further business, the Chairman closed the meeting at 7.50pm

NDPSG minutes 1 Nov 17

KING’S SOMBORNE PARISH COUNCIL

Minutes of a Meeting of the Neighbourhood Development Plan Steering Group
held in the Epworth Hall at 7.00pm on Wednesday 1 November 2017

Present: Cllr A Brock (Chairman)
Mr G Searle
Cllr R Lane
Mrs L Searle
Cllr R Sutton
Mr D StJohn

In attendance: Mr P J Storey (Clerk to King’s Somborne Parish Council)

Public Session: Ms C Thomson, Mrs S Byram and Mrs L Hodge were present.

1. Chairman’s welcome and announcements

1.1 The Chairman welcomed everyone; there were no announcements.

2. Apologies

2.1 Cllr K Hughes was not present.

3. Previous meeting notes

3.1 Minutes of the previous meeting held on 18 October 2017 were accepted as a true record.

4. Matters arising

4.1 Confirmation of access rights to KS1 still awaited from owner
Action: Cllr Brock

4.2 Proforma Headings for the NDP to be reviewed as writing/editing of the Plan takes place.
Action: All (Cllr Brock to make available on OneDrive)

4.3 Group leaders to compile/review/update existing policies once the South Downs landscape assessment was to hand.
Action: Group leaders

5. Declarations of Interest

5.1 None declared.

6. Site Assessment update

6.1 The South Downs landscape assessment would be circulated when received to enable updating to be completed.
Action: Cllr Brock

6.2 Cllr Brock an Mr Searle to discuss with TVBC (MR G Smith) the possible need for a meeting with Hampshire Highways to discuss access problems to some of the sites identified and also whether or not a need existed for an ecological study of each site now or leave it as part of the planning process.
Action: Cllr Brock

7. Any other business.

7.1 None.

8. Date, time and place of next meeting

8.1 Wednesday 22 November 2017 at 7.00pm in the Epworth Hall.

There being no further business, the Chairman closed the meeting at 8.20pm

KSNDPSG minutes 18 Oct 17

KING’S SOMBORNE PARISH COUNCIL

Minutes of a Meeting of the Neighbourhood Development Plan Steering Group
held in the Epworth Hall at 7.00pm on Wednesday 18 October 2017

Present: Cllr A Brock (Chairman)
Mr G Searle
Cllr R Lane
Mrs L Searle
Cllr R Sutton
Mr D StJohn

In attendance: Mr P J Storey (Clerk to King’s Somborne Parish Council)

Public Session: Ms C Thomson and Mrs L Hodge were present.

1. Chairman’s welcome and announcements

1.1 The Chairman welcomed everyone; there were no announcements.

2. Apologies

2.1 Cllr K Hughes was not present.

3. Previous meeting notes

3.1 Minutes of the previous meeting held on 20 September 2017 were accepted as a true record.

4. Matters arising

4.1 South Downs National Park expertise to complete a landscape assessment had been obtained and was in hand.

5. Declarations of Interest

5.1 None declared.

6. Site assessment update

6.1 Members reviewed the work to date in completing the site assessment details and, as a result, Mr Searle would update, as agreed with the remaining information being added when the South Downs landscape assessment was to hand.
Action: Mr Searle

6.2 Cllr Brock would check if a ransom strip existed at the entrance to site KS1.
Action: Cllr Brock

6.3 The Housing Group would check each site’s infor5mation for accuracy and completeness when updated by Mr Searle and, in any case, before the next meeting.
Action: Mr D StJohn

6.4 All groups to review the supporting policies to be incorporated into the Plan and produce a draft list of such to be circulated with the agenda before the next meeting.
Action: Group leaders

7. NDP drafting

7.1 Cllr Brock would determine a suitable list of contents/headings to give structure to the draft for consideration at the next meeting.
Action: Cllr Brock

7.2 Cllr Sutton and Mr Searle would review potential photos for inclusion in the draft when outline headings circulated before the next meeting and come with suggestions to link to the draft outline at that next meeting.
Action: Cllr Sutton and Mr Searle

7.3 Cllr Brock agreed to populate the site assessments if the South Downs team did not do it as part of their report.
Action: Cllr Brock

7.4 Cllr Brock and Mr Searle would use a ‘traffic light’ system to indicate the SG’s preferences for site development. These and other matters minuted above would be considered in detail at the next meeting and, if necessary, the following evening subject to confirmation of need and venue availability.

8. Communications review

8.1 Cllr Ryan would review the communications section on OneDrive and make recommendations at the next meeting on how to encourage a maximum turnout at future public consultations and on Referendum Day.
Action: Cllr Ryan

9. Any other business.

9.1 Cllr Brock would circulate information on how to obtain grid references for future use by all.
Action: Cllr Brock

10. Date, time and place of next meeting

10.1 Wednesday 1 November 2017 at 7.00pm in the Epworth Hall with a follow up meeting on Thursday 2 November 2017 at 7.00pm.

There being no further business, the Chairman closed the meeting at 8.50pm

KSNDPSG minutes 20 Sep 17

KING’S SOMBORNE PARISH COUNCIL

Minutes of a Meeting of the Neighbourhood Development Plan Steering Group
held in the Epworth Hall at 7.00pm on Wednesday 20 September 2017

Present: Cllr A Brock (Chairman)
Mr G Searle
Cllr R Lane
Mrs L Searle
Cllr R Sutton
Mr D StJohn

In attendance: Mr P J Storey (Clerk to King’s Somborne Parish Council) and Ms M Piggin (TVBC)

Public Session: Three members of the public were present.

In answer to queries from the public, it was confirmed that all appropriate and reasonable flood prevention precautions should be taken at the time of building a property after considering the risks and it was also confirmed that the Test Valley conservation officer would be involved in formulating TVBC’s views on the NDP.

1. Chairman’s welcome and announcements

1.1 The Chairman welcomed everyone, in particular, the new members of the Group Mrs L Hodge and Mrs L Searle, and Ms M Piggin, our new Community Engagement Officer from TVBC. A sincere vote of thanks was expressed to Ms C Thomson for her significant input into the NDP to date.

2. Apologies

2.1 Cllr K Hughes and Mr J Davies.

3. Previous meeting notes

3.1 Minutes of the previous meeting held on 2 August 2017 were accepted as a true record.

4. Matters arising

4.1 The Clerk had obtained the following printing costs for the final NDP; £2,488 for 800 copies, £435 for 40 copies and £288 for 20 copies. It was decided to confirm one of the two lower amounts at a later date with a view to having hard copies of the NDP in locations around the Parish for the public to access at their convenience.

5. Declarations of Interest

5.1 None declared. The necessary forms would be sent to the new members for their completion.
Action: Clerk

6. Site assessment

6.1 All sites with development potential were in the process of being assessed and after some debate it was agreed that the site assessment form, circulated with the agenda papers, as modified by Mr Searle would be used as the template with group members completing the gaps in the required information, much of which was readily available elsewhere on OneDrive and the TVBC website.

6.2 Consultations had taken place between local landowners and Cllr Brock to determine current local interest in development and it was noted that sites previously registered as SHLAAs would be renamed SHELAAS (Strategic Housing Economic Land Availability Assessments) after 28 October and require re-registration if the landowner still wished to be registered. The SG would then only deal with those landowners who successfully applied for re-registration.

6.3 Cllr Brock would issue a guidance note on the use of OneDrive and on how to populate the assessment form which all agreed needed to be interactive to enable everyone to input information which would immediately become accessible to all.
Action: Cllr Brock

7. Landscape assessment proposal

7.1 It was agreed that South Downs National Park expertise be engaged to produce a landscape assessment which would give credence to decisions reached by the SG and public consultations to date. The likely cost was between £1310 and £1600, the bulk of which could be found from grants unexpended to date with the balance coming from the
Parish Council. Staff from this organisation would also facilitate a public workshop on their findings as part of our public consultation process. Cllr Brock would follow this up.
Action: Cllr Brock

8. Communications review

8.1 Cllr Ryan confirmed the final wording of the update article to be included in the next issue of The Gauntlet had been agreed and printing was in hand.

Any other business.

9.1 None.

10. Date, time and place of next meeting

10.1 Wednesday 4 October 2017 at 7.00pm in the Epworth Hall.

There being no further business, the Chairman closed the meeting at 8.10pm

NDPSG minutes 2 Aug 17

KING’S SOMBORNE PARISH COUNCIL

Minutes of a Meeting of the Neighbourhood Development Plan Steering Group
held in the Epworth Hall at 7.00pm on Wednesday 2 August 2017

Present: Cllr A Brock (Chairman)
Mr G Searle
Cllr R Lane
Cllr R Sutton
Ms C Thomson,
Mr D StJohn

In attendance: Mr P J Storey (Clerk to King’s Somborne Parish Council)

Public Session: No members of the public were present.

1. Chairman’s welcome and announcements

1.1 The Chairman welcomed everyone and thanked them for their contribution towards the success of the public consultation held on 27 July 2017.

2. Apologies

2.1 Cllr K Hughes.

3. Previous meeting notes

3.1 Minutes of the previous meeting held on 5 July 2017 were accepted as a true record.

4. Matters arising

4.1 Mr Searle had reviewed the housing numbers using the SAPF data.

4.2 Cllr Brock would circulate information on the examination process.
Action: Cllr Brock

5. Declarations of Interest

5.1 None declared.

6. Review of consultation process

6.1 The public consultation had been very well received with some interesting comments made from the floor, many of which would be incorporated into the draft. Full minutes of the public consultation are available on the website and had been circulated to SG members. The Clerk would write a synopsis for The Gauntlet.
Action: Clerk

6.2 An analysis of the preferred sites outside the settlement boundary for potential development showed a clear preference for the southern part (i.e. bottom) of Spencer’s Farm site as opposed to the northern part of the site which if developed would compromise the view from Red Hill which the community is keen to preserve.

An additional adjoining site had also been identified as a potential development site as this too should not compromise the view from Red Hill, though the corner by the ford because of the known flood risk and the existing swale there would need to be preserved. This site will therefore be included.

Two other areas had been identified – apparently in jest in response to the proposed sites, Irrespectively, one site had already been unanimously supported as the LAGS that provided the break between the villages of King’s Somborne and Horsebridge the other area to the south behind the recreation ground which, save for one field, already comprised of resident’s gardens. The open field was considered a) too visible in the main (when tested against the desires of the community) and b) its easterly edge was considered not only too small for a viable development but also way too difficult to access.

6.3 It was agreed that now the proposed sites had been reviewed by the consultation, that all owners would now be contacted to discuss their views on potential development and therefore site allocation in the NDP . This would be done under the leadership of Cllr Brock with Cllr Lane and the Clerk.
Action: Cllr Brock

6.4 All SG members complimented Cllr Brock on his presentation.

7. Communication review

7.1 Concerns were raised with regard to ensuring that the NDP was successfully supported by the Parish as a whole as it was perceived that it might fail if only those impacted by any development voted in the referendum and also, if turnout was low, it may impact the viability of the result and open up the NDP to challenge. Improving the means by which information on the Plan and related development sites and how best to spread this around the community was discussed at length. All the normal means were accepted and would continue but it was thought appropriate that a leaflet drop for all residents highlighting the outcomes of the consultation with the potential for a more targeted communication and leaflet drop for those living in or near areas with development potential be contacted with a localised note explaining how they might be affected by future developments. Cllr Ryan would draft some examples for review and comment
Action: Cllr Ryan

Mr StJohn left the meeting at his point

8. Any other business.

8.1 Cllr Brock introduced changes in the terminology used to earmark land with development potential resulting in previously identified SHLAAs (Strategic Housing Land Availability Assessments) being superseded by SHELAAs (Strategic Housing Economic Land Availability Assessments). TVBC was liaising with SHLAA land owners requiring them to register their interest as SHELAA land owners by 28 October 2017.

8.2 All noted the cost of refreshments for the public consultation evening amounted to £473 to be covered by NDP grants received to date.

8.3 The Clerk would obtain estimates of cost to produce 800 copies of the NDP, double sided and in colour, to determine if further grants should be sought to offset the costs of distributing one copy of the Plan to each household in the Parish.
Action: Clerk

8.4 A communication from a Planning Consultant acting on behalf of a landowner had requested further information form the NDP mail box. The Chairman would respond.
Action: Cllr Brock

9. Date, time and place of next meeting

9.1 It was agreed not to hold a formal meeting in the near future unless some urgent matter arose. However, the Chairman stressed the importance of responding promptly to e-mails to maintain the momentum irrespectively of whether they had anything to add or not. This was particularly the case with regard to public communications and 7.1 above.
Action: All

There being no further business, the Chairman closed the meeting at 9.10pm

NDP public consultation minutes 27Jul 17

KING’S SOMBORNE PARISH COUNCIL

Public Consultation on the Neighbourhood Development Plan
held in the Village Hall at 7.30pm on Thursday 27 July 2017

Present: Councillors: Cllr A Brock (Chairman), Cllr R Curtis, Cllr H Griffith, Cllr R Lane, Cllr R Sutton

Steering Group members: Ms C Thomson, Ms J Mein, Mr G Searle, Mr D StJohn

In attendance: Mr P J Storey (Clerk to King’s Somborne Parish Council)

Public Session: 23 members of the public

1. Chairman’s welcome and announcements

1.1 The Chairman welcomed everyone and thanked them for coming. By means of a Powerpoint presentation, he then gave the reasons for producing a Neighbourhood Development Plan, what the previous survey results had indicated the Parish wanted, how these had shaped the draft Plan to date, and then summarised where we go from this point.

2. Powerpoint responses

2.1 At various stages during the presentation, those present were asked to indicate their support or otherwise for the conclusions drawn from the information previously provided. Specific questions posed included –

a. Was the approach towards protecting key features in the community such as the Beech Trees on the A3057 from the Romsey direction, the Yews and Ash on Cow Drove Hill and the views from both the top of Cow Drove Hill and Red Hill, supported and were any key features omitted?
Comment was made on controlling the overgrowth in the Borne and the need to protect both the Parish footpaths and the view from the top of Top Field towards the Church.

b. Were the numbers of dwellings and time scale appropriate?
Evidence suggested a growth of between 30 – 40 dwellings over the next 15 years of which 8 – 9 should be affordable. These numbers maintained the existing rate of growth and the socio-economic profile yet still allowed for small Windfall Brownfield site development. The Chairman explained the risks to the Parish of creeping ‘urbanisation’ and noted the view that a care home might be beneficial to the community.

c. Ideal development size.
Those present acknowledged the argument for developments of 11 – 14 dwellings in size, ideally any number over 10, and noted that three such developments over the 15 year period would meet this target. These numbers ensured we maintained the current ratio of affordable homes in the mix. The impact on the village school of type and size of house and its ability to attract young families was discussed; it was noted that house extensions were becoming more than norm in the community in lieu of new builds; and it was thought appropriate to include restrictive covenants on new build bungalows to prevent them from being enlarged thus limiting the flexibility of those wishing to downsize from larger houses to smaller bungalows.

It was agreed that the development of 2 – 3 bedroom smaller dwellings within any future new builds would address the needs of both young and old.

d. Development outside the Settlement Boundary
Taking Brownfield, Infill and Infilling sites as read, new development outside the Settlement Boundary should only occur if it was not within a Local Area of Green Space (LAG) or within the regularisation of the existing Settlement Boundary excluding Eldon and Furzedown Roads. Of those areas identified as having development potential, there was no clear priority, and although the view from Red Hill being compromised which was of significant concern, The Spencer’s Farm site along with the site on Winchester Road next to Cruck Cottage were the only sites to have at least 2 listings (each) as the prime preference sites making them marginally more preferable than the sites proposed between Frog Lane and Cow Drove Hill. The bottom (most southerly field) of Spencer’s Farm was much more preferred than the top (northerly field) which was rejected for development by some as it did compromise the view from Red Hill which was a key landscape feature.

Some additional sites were also suggested which will be discussed at the next steering group meeting.

2.2 Each of the above responses reflected the majority view with a few abstentions and occasionally the unanimous view of those present.


3. Design guidance

3.1 The Chairman explained the need for some of the detail within the draft design guidance which would be a standalone document within the Plan to be made available to builders and developers alike. The Guidance would reflect the views of the Parish, as expressed in the completed surveys undertaken, on such matters as no thatch roofs on tall buildings, use of communal satellite dishes, minimal overhead wiring, etc

4. Concluding comments

4.1 In seeking any final comments from the floor, the likelihood of a permanent doctors’ surgery was raised but deemed unlikely and if it was to occur it could put the status of the Parish at risk making it a ‘town’ which, in turn, could result in greater pressure from the Borough to accommodate more dwellings in future. Also queried was the future of the school which all agreed would be major loss to the community if numbers did not increase.

4.2 In closing, the Chairman again thanked everyone for their involvement in what had proven to be a very stimulating evening and for giving their support to the direction being taken by the Neighbourhood Development Plan Steering Group. He reminded all present that the Plan had to pass rigorous external inspection and be adopted by the majority in a Referendum; he urged everyone to vote in favour when that time came.

There being no further business, the Chairman closed the meeting at 9.30pm

NDPSG minutes 19 Jul 17

KING’S SOMBORNE PARISH COUNCIL

Minutes of a Meeting of the Neighbourhood Development Plan Steering Group
held in the Epworth Hall at 7.00pm on Wednesday 19 July 2017

Present: Cllr A Brock (Chairman)
Mr G Searle
Cllr R Lane
Cllr R Sutton
Ms C Thomson
Mr D StJohn
Mr J Davis

In attendance: Mr P J Storey (Clerk to King’s Somborne Parish Council)

Public Session: Mrs S Byram, Mr G Smith (TVBC) were present.

1. Chairman’s welcome and announcements

1.1 The Chairman welcomed everyone and thanked them for coming and especially Mr G Smith who would be providing guidance with regard to both the presentation and the review of the housing numbers

2. Apologies

2.1 Cllr K Hughes.

3. Previous meeting notes

3.1 Minutes of the previous meeting held on 5 July 2017 were accepted as a true record.

4. Matters arising

4.1 Some discussion took place on the need to provide pavements and, as minuted last time, this was only a requirement on new developments. However, a need existed at some locations within the Parish but quite often this was precluded by the existing road layout.

4.2 Mr G Smith from TVBC explained that there was no prescribed methodology or hard and fast rules on how to calculate future housing numbers but recommend that a range was preferred to a finite cap. Accordingly, it was proposed and subsequently agreed, based on the analysis undertaken to date, that over the next 15 years our ideal should fall between 30 and 40 new homes.

4.3 The differing statistics related to population forecasts were discussed given that these gave rise to varying outcomes. The Small Area Population Forecast (SAPF) used by TVBC showed a declining population in our area whereas the Office for National Statistics forecast a rise. It was decided to go with a range that encompassed both the ONS and SAPF forecasts, though Mr Searle undertook to revisit our Plan numbers using the provided SAPF data.
Action: Mr G Searle

4.4 It is recommended that KSPC would undertake a regular review of the NDP according to need to ensure that the NDP plan (once approved) remained relevant.
Action: Clerk

4.5 Cllr Brock would circulate Mr G Smith’s TVBC link on guidance for NDP submission to Examiners for information.
Action: Cllr Brock

5. Declarations of Interest

5.1 None declared.

6. Review of consultation process

6.1 Some time was spent on reviewing the first draft of the slides supporting the public consultation and several minor amendments were agreed. The amended version would be circulated to SG members for final comment.
Action: Cllr Brock

Cllr Lane left the meeting at his point

7. Any other business.

7.1 Cllr Brock reminded everyone of the need to be present at the forthcoming Fun Day on the recreation ground to answer queries from the public on the Plan and encourage them to attend the public consultation on 27 July 2017.
Action: All

8. Date, time and place of next meeting – Wednesday 2 August 2017 at 7.00pm in the Epworth Hall, Winchester Road, King’s Somborne

There being no further business, the Chairman closed the meeting at 9.30pm

KSNDP minutes 5 July 17

KING’S SOMBORNE PARISH COUNCIL

Minutes of a Meeting of the Neighbourhood Development Plan Steering Group
held in the Epworth Hall at 7.00pm on Wednesday 5 July 2017

Present: Cllr A Brock (Chairman)
Mr J Davies
Cllr K Hughes
Cllr R Lane
Cllr R Sutton

In attendance: Mr P J Storey (Clerk to King’s Somborne Parish Council)

Public Session: No members of the public were present.

1. Chairman’s welcome and announcements

1.1 The Chairman explained that, despite not being quorate, it was important to move forward given the forthcoming public consultation on Thursday 27 July 2017. Though decision making unless unanimous would have to wait for the next meeting and irrespectively, other Work Group leads will have the obvious right to voice their concerns ahead of the next meeting.
Action: All

2. Apologies

2.1 Ms J Mein and Mr G Searle; Ms C Thomson not present.

3. Previous meeting notes

3.1 Minutes of the previous meeting held on 21 June 2017 were accepted as a true record.

4. Matters arising

4.1 Further investigation would take place into the ownership of the land behind Barker & Geary (as previously minuted)
Action: Ms Thomson

Mr Searle to check survey responses on any comments/requirement for pavements. (as previously minuted)

Action: Mr Searle

A meeting would be held with TVBC and HCC to determine whose numbers should be used to determine the housing requirement.
Action: Cllr Brock

5. Declarations of Interest

5.1 None declared.

6. Update on green spaces review

6.1 TVBC had confirmed development could take place within the conservation area’s “Important Open Areas” (IOA) to meet a housing need (providing not protected for other reasons) as IOAs are not officially recognised in the current Local Plan. They can however be included in local areas of green space (LAGS) if there is a clear justification. The Steering Group agreed unanimously that all IOAs (unless protected by another authority) save for recreation the recreation grounds (Public Open Space) and the Old Vicarage Lane field should be considered as potential Allocation Sites. Cllr Brock to brief Ms Thompson accordingly.
Action: Cllr Brock

6.2 An order of priority for development would be drawn up.

7. Communication and consultation

7.1 Cllr Sutton would display suitable banners advertising the Fun Day and leaflets for notice boards. A loose insert had gone in this month’s Gauntlet magazine advertising the forthcoming public consultation. Sarah Fordham from TVBC had confirmed her presence.

7.2 The next SG meeting would determine the presentation content which would include – planning guidance, housing numbers and design, potential locations and green spaces, policies governing development, facilities and achievements to date on comments in the initial public survey, and where we go from here. Group reps were asked to provide Cllr Brock with suggested input from their group’s perspective in time for him to incorporate into the draft presentation to be circulated before the next meeting.
Action: All – URGENT

8. NDP drafting progress

8.1 In hand.

9. Any other business.

9.1 None

10. Date, time and place of next meeting – Wednesday 19 July 2017 at 7.00pm in the Epworth Hall, Winchester Road, King’s Somborne

There being no further business, the Chairman closed the meeting at 8.45pm

NDPSG minutes 21 June 17

KING’S SOMBORNE PARISH COUNCIL

Minutes of a Meeting of the Neighbourhood Development Plan Steering Group
held in the Epworth Hall at 7.00pm on Wednesday 21 June 2017

Present: Cllr A Brock (Chairman)
Cllr R Lane
Mr G Searle
Cllr R Sutton
Mr D StJohn
Ms C Thomson

In attendance: Mr P J Storey (Clerk to King’s Somborne Parish Council)

Public Session: Mrs S Byram was also present.

1. Chairman’s welcome and announcements

1.1 The Chairman welcomed those present and reminded everyone of the need to be present at the forthcoming Fun Day on 22 July 2017when the Steering Group would have a tent on the recreation ground where that they should take the opportunity to encourage visitors to come to the public consultation on Thursday 27 July 2017.
Action: All

2. Apologies

2.1 Cllr Hughes.

3. Previous meeting notes

3.1 Minutes of the previous meeting held on 7 June 2017 were accepted as a true record.

4. Matters arising

4.1 Land ownership Redacted.

No requirement existed to provide additional pavements except on any new development itself. Mr Searle to check survey responses on any comments/requirement for pavements.
Action: Mr Searle

Additional site surveys had been completed and comments included in the group’s draft input.

Cllr Brock had followed up with TVBC on developing rural exception sites and would check if new development could take place in designated open spaces within the conservation area.
Action: Cllr Brock

5. Declarations of Interest

5.1 None declared.

Cllrs Lane and Sutton left at this point

6. Housing numbers and initial site allocation review

6.1 The TVBC comments on housing numbers were reviewed and various queries were raised –

Mr Searle to check the HCC basis for rural population forecasts and confirm to Cllr Brock given there was concern that the TVBC numbers showed no growth whereas HCC numbers forecast an increase
Action: Mr Searle

Mr Searle to revise the number of dwellings necessary to generate the number of social housing required then allocate to suitable sites with the Deign/Needs Group
Action: Mr Searle

Cllr Brock to query if we could meet our social housing needs by developing on one rural exception site and obtain maps of the conservation area and settlement boundary from TVBC
Action: Cllr Brock

7. Communication and consultation

7.1 Cllr Sutton would produce suitable banners for the Fun Day and leaflets for notice boards and shops etc and a loose insert would go in the next Gauntlet magazine advertising the forthcoming public consultation. The Clerk would request Sarah Fordham’s presence from TVBC.
Action: Cllr Sutton and the Clerk

7.2 At the public consultation, housing numbers, location and design, would be presented based on information gathered to date, together with an explanation of relevant policies. The outcome of the consultation would then determine the Plan format. An anticipated 100 people were expected to attend and they would be seated on tables of 10 -12 with cheese and wine available. Details would be finalised at the SG meeting on Wednesday 19 July 2017.
Action: All

8. NDP drafting progress

8.1 In hand.

9. Any other business.

9.1 None

10. Date, time and place of next meeting – Wednesday 5 July 2017 at 7.00pm in the Epworth Hall, Winchester Road, King’s Somborne

There being no further business, the Chairman closed the meeting at 9.10pm