KING’S SOMBORNE PARISH COUNCIL
Minutes of a Meeting of the Neighbourhood Development Plan Steering Group
held in the Epworth Hall at 7.00pm on Wednesday 7 June 2017
Present: Cllr A Brock (Chairman)
Cllr K Hughes
Ms J Mein
Mr D StJohn
Ms C Thomson
In attendance: Mr P J Storey (Clerk to King’s Somborne Parish Council)
Public Session: Mrs S Byram was also present.
1. Chairman’s welcome and announcements
1.1 The Chairman welcomed those present.
2.1 Cllrs R Lane and R Sutton.
3. Previous meeting notes
3.1 Minutes of the previous meeting held on 17 May 2017 were noted.
4. Matters arising
4.1 Para 6.1 The draft Housing Needs assessment had been submitted to TVBC for comment.
5. Declarations of Interest
5.1 None declared.
6. Housing review
6.1 The Group reviewed the content of the draft Housing Review and raised some action points –
• Cllr Brock to check with TVBC on the prospect of having new pavements installed as an extension to the existing pavement along Winchester Road should a development take place in the area towards the Ford.
• Cllr Brock and the Clerk to approach owners of land identified as having development potential to gauge their reaction
• Mr D StJohn to review potential of additional sites at top end of Eldon road and Spencer’s Farmyard for small development
• Cllr Brock to liaise with TVBC on how the rural exception site regulations could be used effectively
• Mr D StJohn to redraft sections of his group’s first draft and cross refer to TVBC policies
7. Communication and consultation
7.1 A public consultation would be held in July and an insert placed in the next Gauntlet advertising the consultation together with posters around the Parish. Cllr Sutton to design and produce banners etc. Date to be confirmed by the Clerk with the Village Hall. Content of the presentation to be rehearsed at the SG meeting on 19 July, if appropriate.
Action: Cllr Sutton and the Clerk
8. Progress NDP drafting
8.1 Work was progressing on various fronts. Ms Thomson to circulate her revised draft for comment.
Action: Ms Thomson
8.2 Ms Mein volunteered to help edit the draft NDP with Cllr Brock.
Action: Ms Mein
8.3 Group leaders to submit the headline points of their inputs to Cllr Brock before the next meeting to enable the outline NDP to be determined.
9. Any other business.
10. Date, time and place of next meeting – Wednesday 21 June 2017 at 7.00pm in the Epworth Hall, Winchester Road, King’s Somborne
There being no further business, the Chairman closed the meeting at 8.50pm