Category Archives: NDP Minutes

KSNDPSG minutes 7 June 17

KING’S SOMBORNE PARISH COUNCIL

Minutes of a Meeting of the Neighbourhood Development Plan Steering Group
held in the Epworth Hall at 7.00pm on Wednesday 7 June 2017

Present: Cllr A Brock (Chairman)
Cllr K Hughes
Ms J Mein
Mr D StJohn
Ms C Thomson

In attendance: Mr P J Storey (Clerk to King’s Somborne Parish Council)

Public Session: Mrs S Byram was also present.

1. Chairman’s welcome and announcements

1.1 The Chairman welcomed those present.

2. Apologies

2.1 Cllrs R Lane and R Sutton.

3. Previous meeting notes

3.1 Minutes of the previous meeting held on 17 May 2017 were noted.

4. Matters arising

4.1 Para 6.1 The draft Housing Needs assessment had been submitted to TVBC for comment.

5. Declarations of Interest

5.1 None declared.

6. Housing review

6.1 The Group reviewed the content of the draft Housing Review and raised some action points –

• Cllr Brock to check with TVBC on the prospect of having new pavements installed as an extension to the existing pavement along Winchester Road should a development take place in the area towards the Ford.

• Cllr Brock and the Clerk to approach owners of land identified as having development potential to gauge their reaction

• Mr D StJohn to review potential of additional sites at top end of Eldon road and Spencer’s Farmyard for small development

• Cllr Brock to liaise with TVBC on how the rural exception site regulations could be used effectively

• Mr D StJohn to redraft sections of his group’s first draft and cross refer to TVBC policies

7. Communication and consultation

7.1 A public consultation would be held in July and an insert placed in the next Gauntlet advertising the consultation together with posters around the Parish. Cllr Sutton to design and produce banners etc. Date to be confirmed by the Clerk with the Village Hall. Content of the presentation to be rehearsed at the SG meeting on 19 July, if appropriate.
Action: Cllr Sutton and the Clerk

8. Progress NDP drafting

8.1 Work was progressing on various fronts. Ms Thomson to circulate her revised draft for comment.
Action: Ms Thomson

8.2 Ms Mein volunteered to help edit the draft NDP with Cllr Brock.
Action: Ms Mein

8.3 Group leaders to submit the headline points of their inputs to Cllr Brock before the next meeting to enable the outline NDP to be determined.
Action: All

9. Any other business.

9.1 None

10. Date, time and place of next meeting – Wednesday 21 June 2017 at 7.00pm in the Epworth Hall, Winchester Road, King’s Somborne

There being no further business, the Chairman closed the meeting at 8.50pm

NDPSG minutes 22 Mar 17

KING’S SOMBORNE PARISH COUNCIL

Minutes of a Meeting of the Neighbourhood Development Plan Steering Group
held in the Epworth Hall at 7.00pm on Wednesday 22 March 2017

Present: Cllr A Brock (Chairman)
Mrs F Dunger
Cllr K Hughes
Cllr R Lane
Mr P Nickless (from para 6.1)
Mr G Searle
Cllr R Sutton

In attendance: Mr P J Storey (Clerk to King’s Somborne Parish Council)

Public Session: Ms C Thomson was also present.

1. Chairman’s welcome and announcements

1.1 The Chairman welcomed those present.

2. Apologies

2.1 None.

3. Previous meeting notes

3.1 Minutes of the previous meeting held on 8 March 2017 were accepted as a true record.

4. Matters arising

4.1 Para 4.2 The Housing Survey analysis being undertaken by Action Hampshire was still awaited.

4.2 Para 7.3 and 8.1 The Housing Group was in the process of reviewing Brownfield, infill and infilling sites to identify numbers of dwellings and options on each site.
Action: Mr Nickless

5. Declarations of Interest

5.1 None declared.

6. NDP drafting progress

6.1 The Group reviewed in detail the Design Guidance draft and minor amendments were made. Ms Thomson’s comprehensive work on local open spaces (LAGs) and sites of interest was acknowledged. Mr Nickless’ draft and Mr Searle’s draft were awaiting the outcome of the Housing Needs analysis before their drafts could be tabled for discussion. Some debate took place on the dwelling options offered by existing SHLAAs and the likely disparity between those SHLAAs accepted currently by TVBC and the outcome of the Housing Group’s analysis of dwelling options acceptable.

6.2 SG members would continue to take suitable photographs to reinforce the Plan’s contents; Mrs Dunger offered to look after examples of building architecture to support the Design Guidance section.
Action: All

6.3 Cllr Lane would seek and independent builder’s opinion on the contents of the draft Design Guidance notes.
Action: Cllr Lane

6.4 All agreed on the need to preserve the landscape and retain the countryside views from various higher vantage points around the Parish, in particular, keeping future development below the 45m above sea level mark thus keeping the village dwellings in the valley.

7. Housing needs update

7.1 The survey results were now unlikely to be available before early April which was extremely disappointing as it delayed further work by two groups.

8. Any other business

8.1 None.

9. Date, time and place of next meeting – Wednesday 12 April 2017 at 7.00pm in the Epworth Hall, Winchester Road, King’s Somborne (one week later than previously planned)

There being no further business, the Chairman closed the meeting at 9.10pm

NDPSG minutes 22 Feb 17

KING’S SOMBORNE PARISH COUNCIL

Minutes of a Meeting of the Neighbourhood Development Plan Steering Group
held in the Epworth Hall at 7.00pm on Wednesday 22 February 2017

Present: Cllr A Brock (Chairman)
Mrs F Dunger
Cllr R Lane

In attendance: Mr P J Storey (Clerk to King’s Somborne Parish Council)
Miss S Fordham (TVBC)
Ms C Thomson

Public Session: No members of the public were present.

1. Chairman’s welcome and announcements

1.1 The Chairman welcomed those present but again expressed his frustration that we were not quorate.

2. Apologies

2.1 Cllr Sutton, Mr G Searle and Mrs J Mein.

3. Previous meeting notes

3.1 Notes from the previous meeting held on 8 February 2017 were accepted.

4. Matters arising

4.1 Ms Thomson had identified local open spaces (LAGs) in spreadsheet format which would be circulated for comment at the next SG meeting.
Action: Clerk

4.2 Mr Searle had drafted the Part 6 Infrastructure Plan which would be circulated for comment at the next SG meeting but the draft for Part 5 was still awaited from Mr Nickless’ group.
Action: Clerk/Mr Nickless

4.3 Analysis was still awaited from Action Hampshire on the statistics produced by the housing needs survey. Ms Fordham would hasten their response.
Action: Ms Fordham

5. Declarations of Interest

5.1 None declared.

6. NDP drafting responsibilities

6.1 Cllr Brock would take follow up action with Mr Searle on the housing needs statistical analysis and Messrs Pybus and Kam’s views on the Design Guidance ahead of public consultation as well as some input on LAGS from Graham Smith (TVBC) with regards to the approach taken by the Quainton PC in their Neighbourhood Development Plan.
Action: Cllr Brock

7. Date, time and place of next meeting – Wednesday 8 March 2017 at 7.00pm in the Epworth Hall, Winchester Road, King’s Somborne

There being no further business, the Chairman closed the meeting at 7.50pm

NDPSG minutes 8 Feb 17

KING’S SOMBORNE PARISH COUNCIL

Minutes of a Meeting of the Neighbourhood Development Plan Steering Group
held in the Epworth Hall at 7.00pm on Wednesday 8 February 2017

Present: Cllr A Brock (Chairman)
Mr G Searle
Mr D St John
Cllr R Sutton
Ms C Thomson

In attendance: Mr P J Storey (Clerk to King’s Somborne Parish Council)

Public Session: Three members of the public were present.

Public session

Clarification was sought on the link between the Neighbourhood Development Plan (NDP) and existing SHLAAs once the NDP was adopted, in particular, the impact an identified SHLAA development could have on the potential sale value of an adjacent property. The Chairman explained that once adopted, the NDP would identify areas thought appropriate for future development and these would not necessarily be those currently identified as SHLAAs. However, there was always the risk of a judicial review and our aim was to make the NDP as robust as possible to reflect the community’s wishes and rather than those of third parties.

1. Chairman’s welcome and announcements

1.1 The Chairman welcomed everyone present.

2. Apologies

2.1 Cllrs Hughes and Lane; Mrs Dunger and Mrs Mein.

3. Previous meeting notes

3.1 Notes from the previous meeting held on 25 January 2017 were accepted.

4. Matters arising

4.1 Ms Thomson continued to co-ordinate information on trees. 17 TPOs had been identified by TVBC and other useful information had been found on Natural England’s “MAGIC” website (www.magic.gov.uk)
Action: Ms Thomson

4.2 Cllr Brock would obtain information from TVBC on SINCs not already covered in the Parish and any other sites in the Parish of scientific interest.
Action: Cllr Brock

4.3 Mr Searle continued to collect photographs on matters of interest to support the NDP content.

4.4 Analysis is awaited from Action Hampshire on the statists produced by the housing need survey.

5. Declarations of Interest

5.1 None declared.

6. Local open spaces

6.1 Ms Thomson would draft the open spaces policy with the aim of identifying those open spaces which were desirable to retain from a landscape perspective and record all information on a spreadsheet for ease of reference.
Action: Ms Thomson

7. NDP drafting responsibilities

7.1 The draft contents list was agreed and it was further agreed that the first drafts of the sections therein would be produced as follows – Parts 1 and 2 the Clerk (already drafted); Part 3 Mr Nickless and Mr St John; Part 4 Cllr Brock (already drafted); Part 5 Ms Thomson and Part 6 Mr Searle. First drafts would be placed on OneDrive for comment and tabled at the next meeting, as appropriate.
Action: All

8. Design Statement

8.1 Cllr Brock had completed the initial draft Design Statement which was supported by those present. It was agreed to add comments on street lighting and particular covenants limiting what else could or could not be done subject to checking the life span and status of such covenants. Further editing would be necessary as other draft contents became available to standardise the format and content. The final Design Statement would be a standalone document within the NDP and some repetition would therefore be acceptable. Cllr Brock would liaise with those experts in the community for further feedback before making this a topic of consultation/verification with the community at large and Ms Thompson would liaise with Mrs Dunger with regard to covenants.
Action: Cllr Brock. Ms Thompson

8.2 Cllr Brock would also check on the impact of the Government’s recent white paper on housing need with Mr G Smith at TVBC.
Action: Cllr Brock

9. Date, time and place of next meeting – Wednesday 22 February 2017 at 7.00pm in the Epworth Hall, Winchester Road, King’s Somborne

There being no further business, the Chairman closed the meeting at 9.00pm

KSNDPSG minutes 25 Jan 17

KING’S SOMBORNE PARISH COUNCIL

Minutes of a Meeting of the Neighbourhood Development Plan Steering Group
held in the Epworth Hall at 7.00pm on Wednesday 25 January 2017

Present: Cllr A Brock (Chairman)
Mr G Searle
Mr D St John
Ms C Thomson

In attendance: Mr P J Storey (Clerk to King’s Somborne Parish Council)

Public Session: No members of the public were present.

1. Chairman’s welcome and announcements

1.1 The Chairman welcomed everyone present but regretted the meeting was not quorate. However, in view of the need to move forward, it was agreed that informal discussion should take place on relevant matters.

2. Apologies

2.1 Cllrs Hughes, Lane and Sutton; Mrs Dunger, Messrs Davies and Nickless

3. Previous meeting notes

3.1 Previous notes from 11 January 2017 meeting accepted.

4. Matters arising

4.1 Ms Thomson had received information from TVBC on trees with TPOs and was co-ordinating the work by her group on identifying these and other trees worthy of retention.
Action: Ms Thomson

4.2 Mr Searle had taken a variety of photographs of the local landscape and would continue to build up this photographic portfolio for use in the NDP.
Action: Mr Searle

5. Declarations of Interest

5.1 None declared.

6. Housing Needs/Community Update

6.1 The Housing Needs survey was being analysed and the results were awaited.

6.2 Mr Searle was working on statistics from the Office of National Statistics with a view to extrapolating these to provide an evidence base for comments on further development trends in the Parish for inclusion in the NDP.
Action: Mr Searle

6.3 The Chairman was drafting the Design Guidance.
Action: Chairman

7. Local Open Spaces

7.1 TVBC had produced the latest policy on local open spaces and their definition which would form the basis of this part of the NDP when written and the Chairman had produced a spreadsheet designed to contain all the relevant data when collected.

8. NDP draft

8.1 The Clerk had drafted a list of contents for the NDP and had started drafting the Introduction and Parish Profile. It was agreed that all NDPSG members should review the draft contents list, available on OneDrive, with group leaders paying particular attention to the inclusion of suitable headings covering the findings of their group, and table amendments/additions for consideration at the next meeting.
Action: All

9. Date, time and place of next meeting – Wednesday 8 February 2017 at 7.00pm in the Epworth Hall, Winchester Road, King’s Somborne

There being no further business, the Chairman closed the meeting at 8.40pm

NDPSG minutes 11 Jan 17

KING’S SOMBORNE PARISH COUNCIL

Minutes of a Meeting of the Neighbourhood Development Plan Steering Group
held in the Epworth Hall at 7.00pm on Wednesday 11 January 2017

Present: Cllr A Brock (Chairman)
Mr G Searle
Cllr R Sutton
Ms C Thomson

In attendance: Mr P J Storey (Clerk to King’s Somborne Parish Council)

Public Session: No members of the public were present.

1. Chairman’s welcome and announcements

1.1 The Chairman welcomed everyone present but regretted the meeting was not quorate. However, in view of the need to move forward, it was agreed that informal discussion should take place on relevant matters.

1.2 For the record, he noted that 21 members of the public had attended the community engagement meeting on 7 January and a further 18 on 10 January 2017.

2. Housing Need/Community Update

2.1 The Housing Needs survey had been distributed by Action Hampshire and to date 158 replies had been received. The deadline for return was 20 January, soon after which the analysis of responses would be available.

2.2 The Chairman and Mr Searle would discuss with TVBC (Jane Windebanks) how the survey results could be best analysed.
Action: Chairman and Mr Searle

2.3 The Chairman was drafting the Design Guidance and the Clerk would draft the Introduction and an Index.
Action: Chairman/Clerk

2.4 The Chairman would discuss with TVBC how to define ‘open spaces’ within and around the settlement areas in the context of the NDP.
Action: Cllr Brock

3. Next Steps

3.1 Photographic evidence in support of the NDP’s narrative was essential and Mr Searle would photograph areas of the Parish we would wish to maintain to be added to the collection of photographs already held by Cllr Sutton.
Action: Mr Searle

3.2 The need to preserve certain trees and hedge was recognised and despite TVBC having already confirmed they did not hold a register of trees in and outside the conservation area with TPOs on them, the Clerk would again ask for this information which, it was understood, was a legal requirement to maintain under current legislation.
Action: Clerk

3.3 The Chairman would provide A4 maps to Mrs Dunger’s group showing the Parish to enable tree and hedge identification outside the conservation area to be readily identified.
Action: Chairman

3.4 The Parish Tree Warden, Mr Colin Matthews, would be invited to join the tree survey group as his local knowledge would prove useful.
Action: Clerk

4. Date, time and place of next meeting – Wednesday 25 January 2017 at 7.00pm in the Epworth Hall, Winchester Road, King’s Somborne

There being no further business, the Chairman closed the meeting at 8.15pm

NDPSG minutes 7 Dec 16

KING’S SOMBORNE PARISH COUNCIL

Minutes of a Meeting of the Neighbourhood Development Plan Steering Group
held in the Epworth Hall at 7.00pm on Wednesday 7 December 2016

Present: Cllr A Brock (Chairman)
Mrs F Dunger
Cllr K Hughes
Mr G Searle
Cllr R Sutton
Ms C Thompson

In attendance: Mr P J Storey (Clerk to King’s Somborne Parish Council)

Public Session: No members of the public were present.

1. Chairman’s welcome and announcements

1.1 The Chairman welcomed everyone to the meeting but stated that unfortunately the meeting was not quorate. However, in view of the tight timescale for determining the Housing Needs Survey, it was agreed that informal discussion should take place to finalise the survey questions and other related matters.

2. Housing Needs Survey

2.1 Mrs F Dunger and Mr G Searle had met with Action Hampshire to draft the content of the Housing Needs Survey and this was agreed apart from some minor text changes. The revised drat would be referred back to Action Hampshire for final agreement before they printing sufficient copies for us to hand deliver to the 718 dwellings in the Parish.
Action: Mrs F Dunger and Mr G Searle

2.2 It was anticipated that the survey would be distributed in early January 2017 and before the public consultations planned for both Thursday 12 and Saturday 14 January 2017, subject to the availability of the Village Hall. Members could help with completion of the Survey at these consultations, if needed. Responses should be returned to Action Hampshire either in the pre-paid envelop provided or on-line by 19 January 2017; these dates would be delayed by one week if the Hall was not available on our preferred dates.

2.3 Action Hampshire would then submit their draft analysis of the Survey responses to us for consideration and determination of how we choose to incorporate the data collected into our Plan.

2.4 It was agreed that more information was necessary on the definition on the current breakdown of applicants on the Housing Needs register.
Action: Cllr Brock

2.5 Cllr Sutton would co-ordinate the publication of the public consultation dates and draft an explanatory note to be delivered with the survey giving some background information on the need.
Action: Cllr Sutton

2.6 The Clerk would check the Village Hall availability.
Action: Clerk

3. Date, time and place of next meeting – Wednesday 11 January 2017 at 7.00pm in the Epworth Hall, Winchester Road, King’s Somborne (Note: the meeting planned for 21 December 2016 was cancelled)

There being no further business, the Chairman closed the meeting at 8.10pm

Neighbourhood Development Plan Steering Group Meeting 6 July 2016

Kings Somborne Parish Council

Neighbourhood Development Plan Steering Group Meeting

6 July 2016 at The Epworth Hall, Kings Somborne, 7.00pm

Minutes

Present: Andrew Brock (AB) (Chairman); Peter Nickless (PN); Robbie Lane (RL); Katie Hughes (KH); Ryan Sutton (RS); Janet Mein (JM); Peter Storey (PS)

Apologies: Judith Evans (JE); Graham Searle (GS)

Copies: Website; OneDrive; KS Parish Councillors; Graham Smith, TVBC (GS TVBC); Simon Whitehead (SW)

No. Minute Action
1.

1.1

Chairman’s welcome

AB welcomed all to the meeting.

 

 
2.

2.1

2.2

Previous Minutes

These were unanimously agreed.

Matters arising

Item 2: PS would table traffic calming measures for the A3057 at the next PC

Meeting (Aug).

Para 5.1:  a meeting of interested youth related parties to discuss the community activities centre (CAC) concept was planned for 21 July, not 27 June as minuted previously, in the Epworth Hall at 7.30pm; RS to co-ordinate and AB to chair.  All available to attend.

 

 

 

 

PS

 

 

 

RS, AB, All

3.

3.1

Declarations of Interest

None declared.

 

 

 

4.

4.1

Identification of further Workshops

To be determined as and when results of revisiting aspects of the NDP, the infill/brown field site review and draft design brief were known

 

 

AB

5.

5.1

Horticultural Show presence

A presence at the Horticultural Show on Saturday 30 July 2016 was agreed  and all NDPSG members and/or their deputies were encouraged to attend, and confirm their attendance to AB, with parish councillors between 2.00pm and 4.15pm.  RS would co-ordinate display banners in corporate colours and check tent widths beforehand, AB would produce a rolling slide show as background and an extension power cable, B/Cllr Ward would provide the tent(s) which AB would collect and return; PS, who would be absent on the day, would provide the projector; a screen was required; PS would invite Sarah Fordham from TVBC to join us ; AB would produce a photo montage which RS would print.

At some stage, Years 5 and 6 from the school should be encouraged to give their views on the leisure facilities they would like to see in the Parish and the Show gave an opportunity for this.

 

 

 

 

All

RS

AB

 

AB, PS

 

AB

RS

 

 

AB, KH

 

 

6.

6.1

Planning Guidance Pre-work

AB to draft terms of reference for the design brief.

 

AB

 

7.

7.1

 

7.2

 

7.3

7.4

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

7.5

 

 

 

7.6

 

7.7

 

7.8

 

 

7.9

 

Re-visit Plan

Matters worthy of further consultation which may or may not be by a public engagement meeting included –

Trees – which type and where should they be preserved.  PS to obtain a list of TPOs outside the conservation area

Open spaces – guidance on preserving privately owned open spaces

Allotments – all noted the village allotments were sited on land owned by the Diocese of Winchester and previous attempts by KSPC to have the title transferred had been refused although management of the site could be transferred if the PC was willing to accept responsibility; at the time no positive benefit could be seen by doing this.  The allotments were listed as an asset of community value which meant that if the site was to be sold the PC would have first refusal.  However, it was felt that something more substantial should be in place to protect and recognise the strong feeling in the village about their long term retention.  KH to provide contact details for the Diocese person with whom the allotment association was currently dealing and PS, on behalf of KSPC, would open a dialogue accordingly.

Housing needs – clearer definition from the community was needed on actual type and number of dwellings required and where they should be located probably in conjunction with the identified brown field sites (see 4.1)

Employment – a need to talk to local businesses to establish potential development was recognised.

Village amenities – the disadvantages of seeking an established doctors’ surgery and the probable inability of local practice to provide were noted but potential for drop in clinics existed.

Other activities – potential for Government funding for Learn Direct classes and HCC/TVBC adult education eg computer classes in Village Hall worthy of exploration

Utilities – further improvements in broadband coverage to be investigated

 

 

 

 

 

PS

AB

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

KH

 

PS

 

 

AB

 

 

AB

 

 

AB

 

 

 

RS

8.

8.1

Communications Update

Comprehensive e-mail address lists of interested persons now available.  KH to add a business group e-mail address list (for 7.6 above).

 

 

 

KH

9.

9.1

 

 

 

AOB

Every effort to be made in future to have minutes circulated within 48 hours of the meeting to which they relate.

 

 

Secretary

 

 

 

10.

10.1

Next Meeting

To be advised (pending results from Brown Field Sites and public meetings/consultations)

 

AB

 

Neighbourhood Development Plan Steering Group Meeting 22 June 2016

Kings Somborne Parish Council

Neighbourhood Development Plan Steering Group Meeting

22 June 2016 at The Epworth Hall, Kings Somborne, 7.00pm

Minutes

Present: Peter Storey (PS) (Chairman); Peter Nickless (PN); Robbie Lane (RL); Katie Hughes (KH); Judith Evans (JE Minutes), Graham Searle (GS)

Apologies: Andrew Brock (AB); Graham Searle (GS); Ryan Sutton (RS)

Copies: Website; OneDrive; KS Parish Councillors; Graham Smith, TVBC (GS TVBC); Simon Whitehead (SW)

No. Minute Action
1. Chairman’s welcome

In the absence of AB PS welcomed all to the meeting.

 

 
2. Previous Minutes

These were unanimously agreed.

Matters arising

Item 4.6: PS confirmed that HCC had advised that traffic slowing measures for the A3057 could not include full width humps/bumps but alternatives could be traffic cushions, to reduce the carriage way and widen verges.  To progress further the situation TVBC and HCC need to be contacted and consensus reached by the whole PC

 

Item 5.7: PS had been advised that a headcount for attendance at workshops was all that was needed – it was not necessary to count age group attendees

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

PS

3.

 

Declarations of Interest

None declared.

 

 

 

4.

 

4.1

 

 

 

 

 

4.2

Review of Workshops

 

Attendance as follows

Saturday 11.06.2016 Village Hall 27
Tuesday 15.06.2016 KSWMC 25
Wednesday 16.06.2016 Village Hall 40
    TOTAL 92

 

PS agreed to send a summary of all the comments made to SG members and to add to OneDrive

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

PS

5.

5.1

Further Workshops

Attendees at the workshops had indicated there was a need for a further workshop for users of youth facilities to discuss a potential Community Activity Centre. Attendees to be invited from the School, Village Hall, Messy Church, Pre-School, Toddler Groups, Scouts and YMCA. It was hoped that AB would chair this and a potential date was Wednesday 27th June at 7.30 pm. PS to follow up booking room etc.

PS also reminded the SG that the Community Activity Centre was only a “wish” and that much further work was needed with potential interested parties

 

 

 

 

 

PS/AB/RS

6.

6.1

Planning Guidance

It was suggested that AB contact local residents with knowledge and experience of planning to help with drafting planning guidance.

 

AB

 

 

7. Re-visit Plan

Deferred until next meeting

 

 
8. Communications Update

Deferred until next meeting

 

 
9.

9.1

 

 

 

 

9.2

 

 

 

9.3

 

 

 

 

9.4

AOB

Presence at Horticultural Show – the SG felt that the team should have volunteers from the SG and/or working groups in a marquee alongside the PC and Borough Councillor on 30th July between 2pm and 4pm.  All to find potential volunteers

 

There was a discussion regarding potential scanning and electronic storage of original data e.g. questionnaires. The team felt that paper copies should be stored and that at this time scanning was not necessary.

 

Some concern was expressed about a potential conflict of interest in that a known property developer (N Wolstenholme) had agreed to help identify potential brownfield building sites in the Parish. It was agreed that he had already formally declared his interest.

 

It was agreed to discuss a formal summer recess at the next meeting

 

 

 

 

All

 

 

PS

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

AB

10. Next Meeting

Wednesday 6th July 2016, 7.00pm at The Epworth Hall

 

All

 

Neighbourhood Development Plan Steering Group Meeting 8 June 16

Kings Somborne Parish Council

Neighbourhood Development Plan Steering Group Meeting

08 June 2016 at The Epworth Hall, Kings Somborne, 7.00pm

Minutes

Present: Andrew Brock (AB) (Chairman), Peter Nickless (PN); Ryan Sutton (RS); Katie Hughes (KH); Judith Evans (JE Minutes), Graham Searle (GS) Fiona Dunger (FD), John Pybus, Brian Orange, Janet Mein, Sarah Fordham (SF TVBC)

Also Present: Peter Storey (PS) (Clerk)

Apologies: Robbie Lane

Copies: Website; OneDrive; KS Parish Councillors; Graham Smith, TVBC (GS TVBC); Simon Whitehead (SW)

No. Minute Action
1. Chairman’s welcome

AB welcomed everybody and explained the main purpose of the meeting was to review the questionnaire presentation and define the public engagement meetings (workshop) format. He particularly thanked the deputies of the working groups for attending and Sarah Fordham from TVBC who would be helping with the workshops.

 

2. Previous Minutes

These were unanimously agreed. Matters arising had been dealt with. AB thanked all those who had helped with the distribution of the communication regarding workshops. AB also confirmed that he is updating the village website – www.thesombornes.org.uk

 

3.

 

Declarations of Interest

None declared.

 

 

 

4.

4.1

 

 

 

 

4.2

 

 

 

4.3

 

 

 

 

4.4

 

 

 

 

4.5

 

 

 

4.6

Review of Presentation for workshops

The presentation was reviewed slide by slide. Concern was expressed over the length, however it was felt that not all slides needed to be presented at workshops but that the full version should be available on the website after the workshops, and that the direct link to it be available at the workshops.

 

Changes required by the team were recorded. Many took the form of additional questions that the data results stimulated. These to be added to the presentation

 

There were long discussions concerning the perceived mismatch between the desire to retain the village character, and small scale new development versus the clear requirement for smaller homes. It was concluded that this was a key question to be asked at the workshops.

 

Several team members raised the need for a Topic paper which would investigate how many houses the village would need based on projected population growth over the next 25 years. It was also mentioned that land supply itself would dictate rate of house building.

 

It was noted that N Wolstenholme was planning to carry out a survey of all potential brownfield sites within the Parish. The team felt it would also be worth asking the question at the workshops so should be added to the slide.

 

There was concern that no traffic calming would be possible on the A3057 du to its classification as an A road. PS to contact HCC to confirm what might be possible. It was agreed to add Community Speed Watch information to the relevant slide

 

 

 

AB/RS

 

 

 

 

AB

 

 

ALL

 

 

 

 

AB

 

 

 

 

 

 

AB

 

PS/AB

5.

5.1

 

 

 

5.2

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

5.3

 

 

5.4

 

 

5.5

 

 

5.6

 

5.7

   Format of workshops

The format for the workshops was discussed at length. It was felt that it would be important to summarise the overall results instead of dwelling too much on the detail.

 

It was agreed that, after the presentation, attendees would remain seated at their tables of 6 to 8 people and that the facilitators/group members would move around and prompt discussion of three key questions – notes to be recorded on pre-headed flip chart pages by a nominated scribe for each table

 

1.       Design Guidance (Landscape and Environment Group lead)

What should be in the design guidance – what is liked about the fabric of King’s Somborne – give examples, what would you not like to see? Give examples

 

2.       Housing Requirement (Housing Group lead)

Discuss the mismatch between the requirement for smaller homes and the desire to limit building, by size plot/time frame, and desire to keep King’s Somborne as a village environment

 

3.       Village Facilities and Infrastructure (Infrastructure Group lead)

What would you like to see included in a Community Activity Centre? Where?

 

Provision of refreshments was discussed. JE to purchase plastic cups. Tap water to be provided at each table.

 

TVBC to provide stationery for the event to include flipchart paper, Post It notes, pens. TVBC also to provide presentation boards.

 

It was agreed there would be a separate flip chart/Post It’s for “parking” items that needed to be addressed but not at the workshop.

 

PS agreed to summarise flipchart notes onto an outcomes document.

 

PS to do headcount and appx. Age group count at each workshop to prove that the spread of attendees reflected and represented the community. AB to confirm with DM that this would be sufficient evidence of community engagement

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

AB/PS/SF

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

JE/PS

 

 

SF

 

 

AB/PS

 

 

PS

 

PS

AB

6.

6.1

AOB

None.

 

 

 

7. Next Meeting

Wednesday 22 June 2016, 7.00pm at The Epworth Hall

 

All